Are you a linux user and also big fan of Pro Evolution Soccer (PES)? If you’re still hesitate about kick out your Windows OS and be a full Linux user because you need windows to play Pro Evolution Soccer, now you don’t need to worry about kick out your Windows OS and be a full linux user because you can play Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2011 on Linux under Wine. Let me show you the way to install PES 2011 on Linux.
There are the requirement :
- Computer which pass the minimum requirement of PES 2011 ( FYI, My PC specs : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, NVidia 9800 GSO, 2×2 GB DDR2 RAM)
- Linux OS, of course 😀 (I’m using Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat)
- Internet connection (needed for wine1.3 and directx9 instalation. ps: you also can find the offline way, that’s ok)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 installer
Let’s start the process :
You need to connected to the ubuntu repository
sudo apt-get install wine1.3
To simplify the installation process, it’s better to use winetricks, here is the way :
1. Download winetricks here , and save to your HOME directory.
2. Install directx9 trough winetricks, : (need internet connection)
Go to the home directory in terminal and run the following command :
sh winetricks directx9
Install Pro Evolution 2011
Go to the PES 2011 installer directory and run the setup file
Do the usual instalation just like on windows, enter the serial etc.
Make a cup of coffee, enjoy it until the instalation complete.
Copy the crack file to instalation directory (if you’re using the crack version :D)
Try to run the Pro Evolution Setting (Applications -> Wine -> Programs -> KONAMI-> Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 -> Setting), and you can do some setting there.
Run the Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Game : (Applications -> Wine -> Programs -> KONAMI-> Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 -> Pro Evolution Soccer 2011). And enjoy the game !
That’s the way i can play PES 2011 on ubuntu linux, and i hope you also can install Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 on your Linux. Thang for read my post. Please leave you comment if you have something to say 😀